Employing over 600 staff and supplying over 25 million litres of fuel a month, ZEN has consistently proven to be a reliable, safe and valuable partner.
ZEN is managed by experienced professionals from a variety of disciplines, and all with significant experience in the oil and gas industries. Our stable and cohesive leadership team continually attracts industry experts, as the ZEN story develops and the company continues to expand.
ZEN training programs constantly develop staff to align them to current industry developments and match any international standard.
THE ZEN OPERATIONAL ADVANTAGE
ZEN’s Customer Focus
The customer is the reason ZEN exists, and it is with the customer in mind that ZEN has developed a holistic, compliant operations model to protect the environment, staff, assets and critically, the customers’ needs.
A RELIABLE, SAFE PARTNER
ZEN’s market position as a reliable, safe and valuable partner in supplying high quality hydro carbon products to the industrial and retail sectors in Ghana and West Africa, has grown due to:
- Leading the supply of quality fuels in the market
- Commitment to NO HARM
- Providing fuel storage solutions
- Supply reliability and security assurance
- Customer-focused service delivery
- Staff competence and capacity development
- Creating value in our communities
- Investing in safety and standards
THE JOURNEY SO FAR
ZEN started operations with a contract to partly supply fuel to Gold Fields’ Tarkwa mine.
Won first green field project contract to design, build, own and operate a 250,000 litre fuel depot facility for Adamus Resources Ltd., complete with vendor-managed consignment stock, fuel management system and on-site personnel for consumption of 12m litres p.a.
Appointed as a Castrol Authorised Distributor for Ghana.
- Won contract as sole supplier of fuel to Gold Fields’ Tarkwa and Damang mines, including takeover of facilities and operating the fuel storage facilities at 7 distinct locations
- Registered office in Burkina Faso
- Officially started trading as ZEN Petroleum Ltd.
- Won contract for the supply of lubricants and services to African Mining Services (AMS), including on-site management and consignment stock, and installed bulk oil facilities at Iduapriem mine
- Commissioned lubricants and fuel analysis laboratory in Tarkwa in collaboration with WearCheck
- Registered office in Mali
- Began supplying fuel on ad-hoc basis to Resolute Mining in Syama, Mali – including importation
- Won contract for the supply of fuel and services to Asanko Gold Ghana Ltd – Adansi Mine. Installed fuel and lubricant storage and dispensing facilities
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System accreditation achieved
- Launched ZEN Lubricants in co-operation with Oryx Energies
- Won contract for the supply of fuel and services to Newmont Ahafo mine, Ghana (36m lts p.a.)
- Won contract for the supply of fuel and lubricants to Perseus Mining Gh Ltd – Edikan mine (30m lts p.a.)
- Won contract for the supply of fuel and services to AngloGold Ashanti – Iduapriem mine (25m lts p.a.)
- Won contract for the supply of fuel and lubricants to Kinross Chirano Mine (12m lts p.a)
- Won supply contract for fuel and lubricants supply to Humming Bird Komana project, Mali; with installation of bulk fuel and lubricant facilities for the mine and the mining contractor – AMS
- Won supply contract for the fuel supply and services to Resolute Mining in Syama, Mali (48 m lts p.a)
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System accreditation achieved
- BS OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Management System accreditation achieved
- First OMC in Ghana to introduce supply of Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel <15ppm Sulphur
- Celebrated 1000 LTI-Free days in April 2018
- Commissioned new fuel storage depot at Tarkwa mine with over 5 million litres capacity
- Increased retail capabilities with 19 operational service stations across Ghana
- Celebrated 1500 LTI-Free days
- Opened the first filling station in Ghana designed, constructed and operating in accordance to The Blue Book; equipped with double wall tanks, leak detection, overfill prevention, flame arrestors, oil separators etc.
- Named no.2 OMC in Ghana in April 2020
- Won a 2-year contract with ENI which involves bunkering fuel for their service vessels to the rigs
- Re-awarded a 2-year contract with Chirano Gold Mine
- Expanded retail capabilities with new service stations in Apremdo, Gurugu, Lartebiokorshie, Sagnarigu, Sowutuom and Techiman among others.
- Recognised as one of the Financial Times Fastest Growing Companies in the African Continent. Ranked #28 out of 79 selected companies after a rigorous selection process.
3,012,389 litres of lubricants delivered by ZEN Petroleum in 2019
ZEN IS COMMITTED TO:
Becoming an end to end solutions provider, investing in infrastructure and safety to ensure an operationally secure and reliable supply chain in high quality, clean, low Sulphur fuels.
Expanding and modernising its retail network throughout Ghana.
Offering additional ancillary services in the mining sector, including supply of own branded lubricants, specialty lubricants, coolants, degreasers, fuel quality and testing.
The Customer is the reason we exist; we are committed to zero losses, zero accidents and with ZEN a litre is a litre.
ZEN 2 Community (Z2C)
ZEN has a responsibility to conduct operations in a manner that is safe for our people, the environment and the community.
ZEN is managed by experienced professionals from a variety of disciplines, and all with significant experience in the oil and gas industries.
The ZEN Way
ZEN has developed a holistic, compliant operations model to protect the environment, staff, assets and critically, the customers’ needs.
Careers at ZEN
ZEN Petroleum’s recruitment process is tailored to attract young talents with the right attitude and competence to deliver the value our customers demand.